Archive:

Oct 26, 2008

"THE GREATEST HOCKEY PLAYER IN THE WORLD"

Last night I shared a cab with the greatest hockey player in the world. I was on my way home and it was a downpour outside. At a red light, a guy knocks on the window, opens the door, and says, "Can I get in? I just got locked out! You gotta let me in, I'm the greatest hockey player in the world." Ummm...Huh? He gets in soaking wet.

After some awkward introductions, we start heading to his hotel in Fenway. I don't catch his name. More awkward conversations about how we spent our nights, etc etc. He says he plays for the Penguins and he's in Boston for rehab on his ankle. I think nothing of it, who would? We reach Hotel Commonwealth, he gives me 40 bucks for the 13 dollar fare and says "Thanks, have a good night." WOWEE!

This morning I tell Greg about my 40 bucks and he looks the guy up. Turns out he IS the greatest hockey player in the world. SIDNEY CROSBY! Captain of the Penguins!


Drafted at age 19
  • Youngest player in NHL history to record 100 points in a season
  • Youngest player in NHL history to record 200 career points
  • Youngest player to be voted to the NHL All-Star Game
  • Youngest player in NHL history to win the Art Ross Trophy
  • Youngest player in NHL history to win the Lester B. Pearson Award
  • Youngest player in NHL history to be named to the First All-Star Team
  • Youngest player in NHL history to be named a full team captain
Out of all the hockey fans in Boston, he gets in a cab with the one person who has no idea who he is. Actually, I was more excited about getting 40 bucks than I was about meeting someone who played professional hockey.

My uncles will surely be jealous.

Check out the Sidney Crosby Top Ten Goals on YouTube

5 comments:

  1. you've really been rakin in the big bucks in some random ways

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm legitimately amused by this post. way to go sean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_is_the_best_hockey_player_in_the_world

    this is a link, you should copy and paste it into your browser

    ReplyDelete
  4. stupid bozo didn't think to get any of it on tape, even though you HAD THE RECORDER IN YOUR POCKET. why should any of us believe this really happened now... jeez louise.

    ReplyDelete