Archive:

Sep 7, 2009

AN ACCURATE PORTRAIT OF AN EIGHTEEN YEAR OLD SEAN


This is a screenshot of my former home computer. Within this frame shows an accurate portrait of myself from winter break of my freshmen year. You will notice I was simultaneously playing Call of Duty while chatting on AOL Instant Messenger. On this particular day, I was playing with my friends Spencer and Keith. We called ourselves The HOEBAGS, for one reason or another, and we tended to dominate Search & Destroy and Team Deathmatch servers across the world. You may also notice that I was first on the map, my alias being I am the Walrus, which I took from the popular Beatles tune. In fact, I was so good at Call of Duty, that I made sure to save my screen shots and write on them with MS Paint.

If you look to the left, you'll see what my buddy list looked like back in the day. I'll let you know that soon after this picture was taken, I probably deleted most of the buddies on this list realizing that I hadn't talked to them since high school. It's interesting to see the old screen names. I still use the same one. Greg's old screen name was workinbrazil and Zac was nobofchocolate. Clever lads.

On the far right, behind the Call of Duty window, you'll see that I was working on a screenplay called "The Island" which was based on the young adult book by Gary Paulsen. That same script has been revised many times and almost became my BFA thesis film. Maybe I'll make it sometime in the future.

Well there you have it - an accurate portrait of my eighteen year old self. I don't play Call of Duty anymore, and I don't use AIM (I use Pidgin instead, come on!). Anyway, I think you can tell a lot about yourself from old screenshots of your computer. Does anyone else have a screenshot to share?

1 comment:

  1. i remember greg's because i stalked him

    ReplyDelete