Archive:

Mar 13, 2009

MY GO TO THING

I had a few unexposed 110 cartridges laying around so I sent them out to get developed. A lot of them are from the summer, so I didn't remember what I had taken. Flipping through them, it seemed like every other shot was from out my bedroom window. I found it strange that the instantamatic nature of the 110 camera led me to consistently photograph what's right in front of me. It almost feels like a theme, or rather, a fixation. The last 110 that I developed were out my sophomore year dorm window. It makes me wonder if other people have a consistent image that they are drawn too? Anybody else have something they repeatedly take pictures of, no matter how good the result will be?
Window2
Window3
window1
You can see the gap in time between the photos in the amount of leaves on the tree.

8 comments:

  1. I've always been drawn to dilapidated buildings or structures that are overgrown. I remember taking pictures of this old ruby red warehouse with a red fire hydrant across the street from the burrito shop. Guy I worked with took one look at the pictures and said "these pictures suck man. That building's so ugly, who'd want a picture of it?" I smiled because I couldn't agree with him more.

    I had a polaroid of a swimming pool filled with vines and a tree growing out of it.. but it disappeared with the rest of my pictures from home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. little slivers of sunset light on walls/flat surfaces

    ReplyDelete
  3. "little slivers of sunset light on walls/flat surfaces"

    ^yeah man, i've seen some of that and really like your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks sean! I always feel like I should put em together and name it "agoraphobia"

    these window shots have a similar contemplative thing going on. me likey. especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. walls walls walls

    ReplyDelete