Archive:

Oct 18, 2009

I HUNG MYSELF WITH MY SOMETHING BLUE

In all honesty, all I really want is to be friends with Tim Rutilli, but all his friends are funeral singers.

On this note, pysch-folk giants Califone are at it again. Their new album just came out, and now they are touring on it. BUT there's more. Mastermind Rutilli wrote and directed a film that was conceived concordantly with the album. Both titled, "All My Friends Are Funeral Singers," they are companion pieces to each other.

So, Califone are going to be at the Brattle this Thursday playing a set of old material before immediately seguing into a screening of the film, with the band playing the new album in it's entirety as a live score. And then I shit my pants. He is and has been doing everything that I aspire to.

From what I gather, the film seems about as surreal as his lyrics, and contains as much carnival fun as their music. My guess is that the band are spirits inside this house, that only the psychic main character can see, and they seem to be doing a lot of crazy and silly things.

Trailer:





No comments:

Post a Comment